Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Japan Drugstore Haul 2017



Similar to many ladies whom visited Japan, I went to Japan last September and came home with a bag of things from the local drugstore. :) I should actually name this post "YouTube Made Me Buy It" lol because I did research before going to make sure what I wanted and got are only good items.

The mud cleanser in the green tube is very nice- thoroughly cleanses the skin but doesn't feel dry after. The Sana series (豆乳) facial cleanser and toner I do really enjoy. For people who do not enjoy scented skincare, you'd be pleased to know that these products are not scented and skin always feel great after using the combo!

The Babyish sheet mask pack has 50 individual sheets masks in it! I got the white one which is for whitening while they have a pink one for moisturising. The texture of the sheet mask is relatively rough and dry as compared to your normal individual packed masks. But for a value pack of 50 and for the convenience, no complaints about getting it!

If there are any items I didn't mention but you are interested in and would want more details on, do let me know in the comments. :) Generally I enjoyed almost everything I got but I want to specifically review a few items below.



I needed a compact powder and I got this one from Canmake.

The packaging is the prettiest thing! It is gold and shiny with lace-like embroidery on the rim. The powder is very fine, velvety smooth, and on the skin it is mattifying and gives additional coverage. They have an invisible one too if that's what you prefer! Don't really remember the exact price but for 10g of product, after conversion it was only around RM20+! I checked our local Canmake store and retail price here is RM50+. Really recommend this. :)



I also got their eye shadow primer, Canmake Lasting Multi Eyebase.

My eyelids are naturally very oily and eyeshadow usually doesn't last. I've previously tried the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer but it was not effective on me! This one from Canmake however does make my eyeshadow last, even after my dance performances, and I am very impressed!





Chocola BB Lucent C is a drugstore supplement that is said to combat the melanin production on the skin and lightens dark spots and freckles. I was so intrigued the first time I found out about this! I have dark spots on my face and I was really looking forward to trying this in hopes of it combating my troubled skin! You have to take 2 tablets 3 times a day and I had them religiously. The price is around the ¥3000 (RM100) per bottle.

Verdict: not effective on my. Maybe I have to have to continuously take the pills to see results, but after one bottle, I do not see any improvement on my troubled spots.



DHC Supplements were famous among Japanese supplements as they are relatively inexpensive. This pack of DHC Vitamin C containing 120 capsules was around ¥400 only! These are fuss free and inexpensive way to add Vitamin C to your diet which helps improve the skin.



Meanwhile this was my favourite purchase from my Japan haul- Minon Amino Moist Gel Pack. You use it as last step after completing your usual skincare regimen and it helps to lock all the moisture into your skin. It was around ¥2000 mark (~RM80).

I brought it with me on my Boracay trip to help surge moisture back into my skin after much sun exposure from water activities. I used it every night for the whole trip as a one step night time skincare after cleasing and I always woke up with super soft skin. Really recommend this too!

Japan drugstores are amazing and has loads to offer but do bear in mind you may get overwhelmed by choice! I would recommend doing your research thoroughly before going. :) 

Hope you find my post helpful in making your future Japan drugstore purchases!



With all the love,
Kxin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smashbox + VLADA Petal Metal Highlighter in Glided Rose

  One day I got a notification from the Sephora App on my phone that a new product came in. It was the Smashbox + VLADA Petal Metal H...